Sunday, May 22, 2016

Yes

Anything else?

Yes, only I'm not sure how to articulate what I want to say.

The school year has dragged on and flew by at the same time. How is that even possible? But, it is, and now it's Sunday and school ends this week.

Next year, I'll be a senior. I've heard that senior year is the best, but all I can say is that I hope it's better than junior year.

I won't miss much from this year.

I'll miss CW, and photography, and English class with my friends. But, other than that? Not much. I'll be in CW2, I'll still take pictures, and I'll see my friends again. So, it doesn't matter, does it?

This class was one of the only things that made this year suck a little bit less. Thanks, Nelson. And that last day almost made me start crying and I'm not even a senior, for goodness sake. Goodbyes make me emotional.

But it's not goodbye, it's see you later. See you next year, maybe, or see you in ten years when we run into each other at the grocery store, when we both have six kids and a busy schedule, when we stop being afraid of the future and embrace it. I hope I'll see all of you later.

Thanks for being in this class. Thanks for accepting me and not laughing (too hard) at me, and thanks for being my friends. It means more than you'll ever know.

Hannah, thanks for your note in class. It made me smile.

Madi, thanks for being you. You're fantastic.

Everybody else- thanks for being you.

See you later.

2 comments:

  1. so im glad im not the only one who felt like crying the last class period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like crying and I'm 36.

    ReplyDelete